Roofing Contractor in York, PA
At a Price That Won’t Break the Bank!
Roofers York PA
Since 1972, Affordable Roofing has been providing the residents of York, Pennsylvania, with quality roof repair and high levels of customer service. Our owners will work on each project, and customers are provided with a detailed estimate before any work begins.
With our keen eye for detail and a policy of honest and open communication, you can feel good about choosing Affordable Roofing whether you need to replace your gutters or you want new shingles put on the roof.
Please call this York, PA Roofing Contractor at 717-953-3057 for more information.
✮✮✮✮✮ Bob located in New Freedom, PA said,
“We shopped out the price for a new roof with 3 companies. Affordable Roofing was the lowest. We contracted with them, and I am glad we did. Not only did we save a lot of money, the work was done very professionally and when they said they would do it. We will recommend them to others.”
✮✮✮✮✮ Christina Lowery shared this about York, PA’s ‘Affordable Roofing’ company….
“Service went smoothly and was completed very quickly upon their arrival. I don’t know what the going rates for roofing is, the original price was $400, but with my $100 discount from Angie’s list, it totaled out to $300 to replace a few shingles, and place some odds and end items on that we’re missing. I’m thankful I don’t have to wait for my husband to do it :)”
Mission Statement – York, PA Roofer
“Our mission at Affordable Roofing is to offer the most pleasant customer experience possible while providing our services in an honest, timely, professional and complete fashion.”
Roofers York PA Shares How You Can Know When to Repair or Replace Your Roof
Eventually, every York, PA homeowner needs to decide about their roof. Are the issues and damages okay to just repair, or does the whole roof need to be replaced? If your roof is over a certain age, is it okay to patch it up or how do you know when it is time for a new roof? These are all common questions that homeowners everywhere must deal with at some time or another.
Your roof isn’t like other renovations you make to your home. The condition of your roof affects every room in your house. The amount of energy loss through heat or air loss is highly contingent upon the condition of your roof as well. For these reasons, it is important to take roofing issues seriously and err on the side of caution whenever a true decision needs to be made.
✓ Loose or Missing Shingles
A few loose or missing shingles is generally nothing to worry about too much. Shingles are easy to replace so repairing problems like this are quite easy and in most cases, can be done by yourself if extreme caution is taken.
If you have a lot of shingles missing from a large area, this might be a sign that your roof is beyond the help of a few minor patch jobs and needs to be replaced. Also, if there are granules of shingle material in your gutters, this is a sign of advanced wear and means that it is time to replace your roof.
✓ Leaky Spots
A few minor leaks can also be patched, but they need to be done immediately and properly. The slightest amount of water can spread and cause bad, and expensive, problems very quickly. Dark or discolored spots are signs of more significant water damage.
It is highly recommended that you consult with a professional roofer to get leaks patched so the problem does not worsen.
Sagging or bulging spots on your roof is a very, very bad sign that your roof needs to be replaced, and soon. These are the signs that your roof could be on the verge of caving in.
For issues this serious, do not delay in calling a roofing professional and having your roof replaced as soon as possible. A big hole in your roof is going to be a lot bigger of a problem, and so is the expense of the damages if that does occur.
Typically, if your roof is over 20 years old, it is either time for a new roof or it is getting very close. There are certain roofing materials that are exempt from this rule, however. Tile, metal, or concrete roofs almost never need to be replaced except in the event of extensive damage. Of course, it takes a lot to damage a metal or concrete roof.
Keeping up with routine maintenance and performing regular inspections can extend the life of your roof. Make repairs and patch issues as soon as you can after they occur and you can prevent them from becoming more serious issues down the road.
If you are unsure about the condition of your roof call us at 717-953-3057 for a free, no obligation estimate.
Serving the following areas with the following services: York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA Roofer | Roofing | Roofing Contractor | Roofing Service | Re Roof | Roof Repair | Roofers | Roofing contractors | Roofing Services | Commercial Roofer | Commercial Roofing Contractor | Roofer in York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Roofing in York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Roofing Contractor in York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Roofing Service in York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Re Roof In York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Roof Repair In York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Roofers In York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Roofing contractors In York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Roofing Services In York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA | Best Roofer in York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA
Roofers York PA Checklist: Hiring a Roofing Contractor in York PA, Red Lion, PA and Dallastown, PA
If you have a reason to hire a roofing contractor you need to ensure that you know exactly why you are hiring them before you start looking. Do you want your entire roof replaced, do you need some leaks fixed, or are you calling due to storm damage?
* Define the roofing Project
Make a list of the needs of the roofing project to include a list of all materials needed, the type of roofing you want to use, and whether it’s a complete roof replacement or if roof leaks need to be fixed. Even if it’s a replacement and you have leaks be sure to mention that so you can be assured all roof leaks are taken care of properly.
* Call Your Insurance Agent
If you need your roof fixed due to storm damage you need to first make a claim with your insurance agent. They will more than likely have a list of approved York, PA roofing contractors and will send someone out to evaluate your claim and give you a number about what they’ll pay to fix it and what your deductible is. They’ll usually have more than one contractor that you can choose from. If they do, follow all the steps before to choose which contractor to use.
* Ask Your Friends & Family For York, PA Roofing Company Referrals
If this is not an insurance claim you can ask your family and friends for referrals. Most of the time a family or friend will have had roofing work done and know who to call. They’ll know whether or not they were satisfied with the work done. They can tell you whether they got done on time and within the bidding budget too. This can give you a good list of roofing contractors to call.
* Check The Facts
When you have a good list, check up on them to ensure that they do have licensing, certifications and insurance that they’re supposed to have in order to do the work of a roofing contractor. You should be able to find websites with information about each of the referrals. You can also call them and ask for license numbers and other information before you arrange an interview.
* Invite Contractors to Bid
Now that you’ve narrowed down your choices you can invite two or three different roof contractors to bid on your project. Tell them you want very detailed bidding to detail what exactly is covered in the bid and what is not covered in the bid. You also want a timeline of events to be mentioned in the bid. That way you can know how long this is going to take and how to prepare.
* Evaluate the Bids
Look at each roofing bid and pick at least two that you like. Don’t necessarily pick the lowest bid, pick the bid that covers the most work, and has the best timelines and the best detail and is the most professional. After you pick at least two bids you can move on to the interviewing process.
* Interview the Winning Roofing Bids
Now it’s time to actually sit down and talk to each of the winning bids. You need to know what type of laborers they use. You need to find out if they are bonded and insured for this type of job. You need to ask how many times they’ve doing a roof like yours. Try to ask each winning bid the same questions so that your judgments are fair. Ask them when they can start or if they can start on your timeline.
Now you can choose the winner to start your roofing project. Check all references, and ensure that all their licenses and insurance are up to date. Since you’ve done your due diligence it’s likely you’ll have a good experience with your roofing project.
What You Should Know Before You Hire a York, PA Roofing Company
How to Care for Your Roof Roofers York PA | Roofer York PA | Roofers York, PA | Roofers in York PA | Roofers in York, PA
You put a lot of money into your roof, and you want to get the most life out of it, right? The best way to do that is to put some time and effort into maintaining your roof. Fortunately for you, caring for your roof won’t cost you an arm and a leg. As a matter of fact, it’s not even something that you have to think about all the time. Taking some specific measures here and there is enough to keep your roof in tip top shape, as long as you are dedicated to paying close attention to the signs that your roof may need some TLC. Need some maintenance pointers? Here are some tips for how to care for your roof:
• Clear away debris. If you have overhanging trees, then you are likely to have this problem. Dead leaves, twigs, and acorns that pile up on your roof are much more than just an eyesore; they present the perfect opportunity for water to puddle up, which could cause leaks.
• Wash regularly. You need to wash your roof every one to three years to keep it looking good and functioning at its best. Purchase a roof cleaner and use a sprayer to apply it to your entire roof. Be thorough. Leave the cleaner on the roof for as long as recommended by the manufacturer. Then rinse it off, paying careful attention to stains and mildew spots. Roofers York PA | Roofer York PA | Roofers York, PA | Roofers in York PA | Roofers in York, PA
• Clean gutters. To ensure that water drains from your roof as efficiently as possible, you need to keep the gutters free of debris. Use a blower to remove foliage, and then a water hose to wash the rest of any buildup away.
Signs it is Time to Replace Your Roof Roofers York PA | Roofer York PA | Roofers York, PA | Roofers in York PA | Roofers in York, PA
If you have made it a point to take proper care of your roof and have maintained it as necessary, then you should get the longest life possible out of your roof. However, as the old saying goes, nothing lasts forever, and there will inevitably come a time when you should replace your roof. How do you know when your roof’s time is up? Here are some signs that it is time to replace your roof:
• Dipping and/or buckling. When your roof noticeably dips and/or buckles in areas, it is indicative of a major underlying problem – namely wood rot or swelling from moisture. Either way, the foundation of your roof is no longer suitable to hold roofing materials, and you will need a replacement.
• Leaks. Look for either an unexplained puddle on your floor, or even brown spots on your ceiling. Some leaks are more obvious than others, but they are always a sign that your roof needs to be either repaired or replaced.
• Damaged shingles. Examine the shingles from the outside of your home. If they are curling up, losing gravel, or are loose and hanging out of place, then it may be that you need to call a York PA roofing contractor; those are both signs that your shingles have reached the end.
• Decreasing home value. It may be that you need to replace your roof for aesthetic reasons. If your property value is lowered because your roof is damaged, dirty, or out of date, then you may want to consider replacing it to maintain your property’s market value.
Roofing Materials Roofers York PA | Roofer York PA | Roofers York, PA | Roofers in York PA | Roofers in York, PA
Once you have determined that it is time to replace your roof, you will need to select the type of roofing material to be used for your new roof. There are many different roofing materials to choose from, and each carries its own pros, cons, and price points. Need some help sorting through all your options? Here is a guide to roofing materials:
• Shingles. This is the least expensive roofing material to install, and to maintain. Shingles may be made of asphalt, plastic polymer, or wood, and come in a wide variety of colors and looks. Shingles are suitable for any type or style of home.
• Metal. Metal sheeting comes in steel, aluminum, zinc alloy, and copper. You may prefer its natural finish, or choose a sleek painted version. Although a bit pricier than shingles, metal is still relatively inexpensive to install, and maintenance is super easy.
• Slate. This is the most expensive roofing material you can choose, but when properly installed and cared for, a slate roof can last over a hundred years! Slate is very heavy, it must be installed by a contractor who specializes in slate, and is only suitable for high-pitched roofs.
• Tile. Made of clay (or sometimes concrete), roofing tiles are heavy and brittle, but they are generally long lasting. Tile is one of the higher end choices you can go with, and is best suited for Spanish or Mediterranean style housing, although some tiles are made to look like wood or slate.
• Wood. Wood shakes or shingles are made from wood that is treated with a rot resistant chemical. They are mid-line in terms of price, but they do not last as long as other alternatives. They also require a good deal of upkeep. However, they lend the home a natural look and feel that is distinctive to them.
How Much Will Your New Roof Cost You?
It goes without saying that a new roof can cost you a pretty penny. However, there are many things that can contribute to this cost, and you therefore have some wiggle room when it comes to pricing the best new roof. The important thing is that you learn as much as you can about the available options, take inventory of what is most important in order that you have an idea of what you will be spending in the end. How much will your new roof cost? Here are some factors to take into consideration: Roofers York PA | Roofer York PA | Roofers York, PA | Roofers in York PA | Roofers in York, PA
• Roofing material. You are now aware of the different types of roofing materials available to you, as well as their different price points. However, do you know that the type of roofing material you choose is the single most important determinant of the cost of your new roof? For example, you may purchase inexpensive asphalt shingles for a mere $75 a square foot . . . or you may fork out over $2000 per square foot on a slate roof. Weigh out your options carefully.
• Additional materials. Besides the roofing material, itself, there are several other materials that must be used for any roofing job. These include things like fasteners, flashing, underlayment, and starter strip, among other things. The type and grade of these materials that your contractor chooses to use can have a significant impact on the cost of your roof, be sure to address this when obtaining bids.
• Complexity of the job. The simpler the job, the less material you will need, and the less labor will cost you. Things that increase a job’s complexity (and cost) include extra angles, planes and cuts, a steeply pitched roof line, tearing away an old roof to make room for the new one, and installing extra/new ventilation, gutters, etc.
• Labor. You may be surprised to find that labor costs for the same project may vary greatly from one contractor to the next. Therefore, it pays to shop around. Generally speaking (and depending on the complexity of the job), you can expect to pay anywhere between $40 and $80 per square foot for labor.
How to Choose the Best York, PA Roofing Company
You are going to invest a lot of money into your new roof. On top of that, it will sit atop your home for years – or, hopefully decades – to come. For these reasons, you can’t just hire anyone to install your new roof. You need a reliable professional – one you can trust to see your vision of your new roof to fruition, and in a way, that will stand the test of time. There will no doubt be numerous roofing contractors in York, PA vying for the position, claiming that they are the best for the job. How do you sort through all your options and pick the right one for you? Here are some pointers for how to choose the best York, PA roofing company for your project:
• Referrals. The best way for you to find potential roofing companies in York, PA is to ask around. If people you know and trust vouch for a roofing company, then chances are you’ve found a roof contractor you can trust. Additionally, search Google for reviews of roofing contractors in your area, and call up local builders to ask who they use. Roofers York PA | Roofer York PA | Roofers York, PA | Roofers in York PA | Roofers in York, PA
• Licensing, bonding, and registration. Local ordinances will determine what type of registration a roofing contractor should have. Additionally, you should find out from your local contractor’s association just what type of licensing and bonding contractors need to work in your area.
• Insurance. Don’t be afraid to ask for proof of insurance. Your contractor of choice should have both workman’s comp and liability coverage, and should be able to produce current certificates to prove it.
• Experience. Look for a contractor that has verifiable experience completing projects like yours. To ascertain just what type of experience potential contractors have, ask for a list of completed projects, and then do your homework to validate their claims.
• Financial stability. Your contractor of choice should be financially stable enough to see your project to completion without a hitch or holdup. Any reputable contractor will be able to show you the company’s current financial records.
• Manufacturer connections. Most manufacturers, particularly of specialty roofing materials, require that contractors establish an account with them in order to be able to install their products. If you have a particular product in mind, then your contractor should have a relationship with the manufacturer to be able to install it.
• Customer service. It doesn’t matter how good a contractor is, if you can’t get through when you need to. Before you commit to anything, make several calls to make sure they are handled with knowledge and consideration, and that your inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
• References. Once you have narrowed your list of potential contractors down to a manageable size, you need to ask for references. Call each reference and find out, from the horse’s mouth, just how good each contractor is in regards to work quality, timeliness, and customer service.
There is a lot to think about when it comes to repairing or replacing your roof. Experienced professionals can help you make all the important decisions, and can also bring your vision to life. To put your roofing project into the hands of a York, PA roofing company that you can trust, contact Affordable Roofing. We can be reached by phone, at (717) 953-3057
Roofers York PA | Roofer York PA | Roofers York, PA | Roofers in York PA | Roofers in York, PA
York, PA Roofer | York, PA Roofing | York, PA Roofing Contractor | York, PA Roofing Service York, PA Re Roof | York, PA Roof Repair | York, PA Roofers | York, PA Roofing contractors | York, PA Roofing Services | York, PA Commercial Roofer | York, PA Commercial Roofing Contractor | Roofer In York, PA | Roofing In York, PA | Roofing Contractor In York, PA | Roofing Service In York, PA | Re Roof In York, PA | Roof Repair In Your City | Roofers In York, PA | Roofing contractors In York, PA | Roofers Shiloh PA | Roofing Services In York, PA | Best Roofer in York, PA | 17322 Cross Roads | 17313 Dallastown | 17314 Delta | 17019 Dillsburg | 17315 Dover | 17317 East Prospect | 17321 Fawn Grove | 17322 Felton | Roofers Springettsbury PA | 17323 Franklintown | 17327 Glen Rock | 17319 Goldsboro | 17406 Hallam | 17331 Hanover | 17332 Hanover | 17333 Hanover | 17335 Hanover | 17407 Jacobus | 17311 Jefferson | 17339 Lewisberry | 17342 Loganville | 17345 Manchester | 17347 Mount Wolf | 17349 New Freedom | 17371 New Salem | 17355 Railroad | 17356 Red Lion | 17360 Seven Valleys | 17361 Shrewsbury | 17354 Spring Grove | 17362 Spring Grove | 17363 Stewartstown | 17365 Wellsville | 17404 West York | 17366 Windsor | 17368 Wrightsville | 17313 Yoe | 17370 York Haven | 17402 Yorkana | 17360 Hanover Junction | 17364 Thomasville | Winterstown | North York | Carroll Township | Chanceford Township | Codorus Township | Conewago Township | Dover Township | East Hopewell Township | Roofers West York PA | East Manchester Township | Roofers Springettsbury Township | Fairview Township | Fawn Township | Franklin Township | Heidelberg Township | Hellam Township | Hopewell Township | Jackson Township | Lower Chanceford Township | Lower Windsor Township | Manchester Township | Manheim Township | Monaghan Township | Newberry Township | North Codorus Township | North Hopewell Township | Paradise Township | Peach Bottom Township | Roofers East York PA | Penn Township | Shrewsbury Township | Spring Garden Township | Springettsbury Township | Springfield Township | Warrington Township | Washington Township | West Manchester Township | West Manheim Township | Windsor Township | York Township | East York | Emigsville | Grantley | New Market | Parkville | Affordable Roofing York PA | Pennville | Roofing York PA | Queens Gate | Shiloh PA | Spry | Stonybrook | Susquehanna Trails | Tyler Run | Valley Green | Valley View | Weigelstown | Yorklyn | Accomac | Admire | Airville | Ambau | Bandanna | Bermudian | Big Mountain | Blackrock | Brogue | Bryansville | Cly | Craley | Davidsburg | Detters Mill | Fayfield | Fireside Terrace | Foustown | Fuhrmans Mill | Gatchellville | Glades | Glenville | Gnatstown | Hametown | Hopewell Center | Kralltown | Leaders Heights | Mackey Ford | Mount Royal | New Bridgeville | New Park | Nauvoo | Ore Valley | Porters Sideling | Siddonsburg | Spring Forge | Stoverstown | Strinestown | Sunnyburn | Tolna | Valley Forge | Violet Hill | Woodbine | and surrounding York County, Pennsylvania areas.