Complete Roof Care in York, PA
York PA Roofing
If your roof is more than 20 years old or has recently experienced storm damage, it may be necessary to replace shingles, decking or other roofing components. In some cases, it may be possible to lay new shingles on top of existing ones or limit repairs to sections of the roof that show clear signs of damage. With our state-of-the-art equipment, we can work on any roof in a safe and timely manner. The materials that we use are top of the line, which means that customers won’t have to worry about roof maintenance for many years to come.
At Affordable Roofing, we understand that installing a new roof or making major repairs can be a costly investment. For this reason, we make sure you fully understand the work that is needed before we begin your project.
Affordable Roofing understands that a new roof can be a major investment. This is why we will do a thorough and detailed estimate of all work that needs to be completed, making sure to keep you informed throughout the entire process. Our satisfaction guarantee and competitive rates ensure that that you won’t pay too much for quality work.
- New Roofing
- Tear-Off Roofing
- GAF Timberline Architectural Roofing
- Lifetime Roofing
- Rubber Roofing
How to Decrease Your Roofing Cost
If you bought a new roof in the last few years, you are aware of just how expensive it can be. On the other hand, if you are in the market for a new roof, you should be prepared to spend more than you planned and less than you should. A new roof can be an expensive proposition; this does not mean you cannot significantly cut costs.
A. The number one thing that goes into determining roofing cost is the square footage. The reason for this is obvious; the more space that you have to cover, the more materials you will need to purchase.
B. In addition to the square footage, the pitch of your roof will also determine the roofing cost. The pitch is the angle of the roof. In other words, a steep pitch would be much more difficult to work on, which could drive up the cost.
C. After determining these two things, the best way to keep your cost down is by talking with your contractor about the type of roof that will be installed. Depending on what area of the country you live in, there will be certain materials that you can use in order to keep your costs down. In addition, if you go the shingle route, you will have the option of purchasing ones that do not last as long. By doing this, you will be able to keep your costs down as well.
Bottom Line: There is no set way of determining a roofing cost. There are a lot of factors that need to be considered, and each one can be explained to you in more depth by your York, PA roofing contractor.
Why You Need a Roofing Contractor Vs. DIY (Do-It-Yourself)
If you are looking to get a new roof on your house, chances are that you will not want to do yourself. Not only is the construction dangerous, but it is hard to select the correct roofing materials and to construct it in a structurally-reliable manner.
1) The number one advantage of hiring a roofing contractor is that you will be able to get expert feedback on what materials you need—for both aesthetic and practical reasons. If you have any questions about damage to your roof, or anything to do with style, you will be able to speak with your roofing contractor.
2) Another advantage of using a roofing contractor is that you are ensured of having the job done right the first time. Not only can they do what you request, but your roofing contractor may also be able to locate any existing and possible future problems. This is very important because if you can get these areas repaired early, you may be able to avoid future damage.
3) Before you hire a contractor, you may want to ask them for some references. The best way that this can be done is asking what other houses in your neighborhood that they have worked on. This way you can go by and see what the roof looks like, and also ask these people what they thought of the level of service that they received. By checking out potential contractors up front, you will be able to avoid running into problems after they have already started the job.
4) Additionally, you may want to consider contacting the National Roofing Contractors Association to find reliable, licensed roofing contractors who have references and portfolios.
Instead of working on your own roof, why not take the stress out of the job and find a professional roofing contractor (company) to help you?